Our goal is to translate world-class academic research into small molecule drug development candidates for clinical trials
- QEDDI is about drug discovery and collaboration. We aim to translate innovative academic research towards clinical development for the treatment of cancer, metabolic and inflammatory disorders, neurodegenerative and infectious diseases.
- Academia is rich in drug target biology – targets that are generally too early to commercialise. QEDDI will collaborate with researchers, by providing high quality and efficient drug discovery support and industry-based project management to advance academic research into small molecule drug candidates.
ENABLING COMMERCIAL PARTNERSHIPS
- QEDDI will bridge the gap (the 'Valley of Death') between academic research groups with potentially valuable therapeutic concepts, and pharma or biotech companies seeking novel strategies for clinical development.
- QEDDI will develop and de-risk biomedical research to a stage ready for partnering with industry, enabling further development of the technology.
BENEFITS FOR ALL PARTIES
- For researchers: QEDDI will compliment and add value to the rich knowledge base of disease pathways and target biology.
- For government: QEDDI will foster an innovative ecosystem for Queensland drug discovery research and attract and retain a highly-skilled workforce.
- For industry: QEDDI will provide a pipeline of drug leads and candidates based on novel and differentiated therapeutic concepts.
QEDDI acknowledges the following organisations for their support and advice: